The Ark set sail in 2002 and following a change of ownership in 2015, Priyanka and Gourav Batra joined the team and took charge with the vision of redefining the standards by which high quality childcare is measured. Our award winning nursery and childcare centre is the result of their effort.
Priyanka and Gourav are driven by their passion for excellence in childcare provision, through happy and healthy children, motivated staff and relaxed and reassured parents.
Our nursery has a whole range of facilities for children of all agents, making it the ideal place to send your child as they grow and develop. Facilities include:
- A dedicated baby area with one member of staff to every two babies
- A toddler area, providing a setting for safe learning and play for children under two years old
- A nursery room for children of two to three years where they are encouraged to develop their individuality
- A pre-school room for three to four year olds designed to prepare them for school
- A forest school for children to learn about and experience the wonders of nature in safety
These principles have also now been recognised by OFSTED where in our last inspection we were judged to be “Outstanding”.
Our award winning nursery has been recognised by Millies Mark! Millie’s Mark is the gold standard in paediatric first aid for childcare providers. A setting achieving Millie’s Mark is an exceptional achievement for not only the nursery but for the children and the parents too. The achievement of the mark acknowledges that staff would be confident in maybe one day saving a child’s life if they needed to. Confidence is a key factor in the administration of first aid and Millie’s Mark allows nurseries to feel confident in their own team.